Subject: Re: BSD sockets questions
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/12/2000 13:50:48
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 08:05:20PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> I vaguely remember I fixed, or at least considered to fix, this, so that it
> should be possible now in the same way as you specify a outogoing interface
> for multicast packets.

I found in the cvs log of sys/netinet/ip_output.c:

Revision 1.64, Mon Dec 13 17:04:11 1999 UTC (6 months, 4 weeks ago) by is
Branch: MAIN
Changes since 1.63: +9 -4 lines
Diff to previous 1.63

Handle packets to 255.255.255.255 like multicast packets. Fixes PR 7682 by
Darren Reed.

So I recall right.

The method to select this from a program is something like

err = setsockopt(s, IPPROTO_IP, IP_MULTICAST_IF, (char *) &src_addr.sin_addr,
						    sizeof(src_addr.sin_addr))

It should be included in the upcoming 1.5 family of releases.

Regards,
	Ignatios

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of