Subject: Re: Networking support for NetBSD A follow up
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/12/2000 11:14:27
On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 08:44:44PM -0400, Gregg C Levine wrote:
>  Hello from Gregg C Levine usually with Jedi Knight Computers
>  ifconfig -m reports for ep0, not the card name, that this networking device
> is properly configured. Me I'm confused.

dmesg | grep ep0 will show you the attachment messages of the driver connected
to "ep0" (if the kernel message buffer wasn't overwritten since then).

... or watch the kernel messages while booting.

On 1.5-ish NetBSD, a copy of the kernel messages is also written to /var/log

Regards,
	-is

--
 * Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from
   smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of