Subject: Kerberos is on by default?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Brandon D. Valentine <bandix@looksharp.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/2000 18:00:13
Well I got NetBSD installed on those sparcs.  Wow, I'm impressed.  I did
a netboot install off of an IRiX box.  Very smooth.  I'm presently
getting pkgsrc and more software installed onto them.  But the primary
issue I'm dealing with right now is that Kerberos seems to be on by
default.  Is there some glaringly obvious way to rip out the Kerberos
stuff?  It takes forever to login because it goes looking for Kerberos
tickets I don't have.  I don't run Kerberos servers for a number of
reasons and I'm not going to change anytime soon.  I'd rather just rip
out the Kerberos stuff and go with straight NIS for authentication.

Brandon D. Valentine
bandix at looksharp.net  |  bandix at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
"Truth suffers from too much analysis." -- Ancient Fremen Saying