Subject: Re: USB ADSL modems
To: Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/28/2000 14:27:34
Sorry this is a little late - been on vacation.

I know that Efficent has been very good about providing info on there ATM
(3010) network card which connects to an Alcatel Modem.  (I have a 3010
driver for NetBSD 1.3 and 1.4).  I belive that the Efficent 3060 card has
the modem (possibly from Alcatel) built into the card.

I also know that the modem chip maker was being restrictive with Efficent
relative to open sourcing the info relative to the modem.  Aparently some
initialzation of the modem part of the card is required.

Are you saying that Alcatel is now making their info available to the
Linux people?  Can you let me know who the Linux people are?

Thanks!
johnh...