Subject: Sendmail 8.9.3 and mailertable mis-behavior
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Medi Montaseri <medi@sanlight.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/22/2000 11:39:08
Hi,

Having problem instructing sendmail to read from mailertable.
Here is what my /etc/sendmail.cf reads

Kmailertable hash -o /etc/mail/mailertable

Then in /etc/mail/ I have

ls /etc/mail/mailertable*

/etc/mail/mailertable
/etc/mail/mailertable.db

Further in my /etc/mail/mailertable I have

abc.com	   esmtp:mail.abc.com

I have re-hashed it (read later why not dbm format) and
I still see sendmail is using DNS mx records, yielding errors.
My understanding was mailertable should override what DNS says so
mush as routing is concern.

What Rule-sets do I run to check this out...

As for why not dbm, when I run 'makemap dbm' I get an error message
from makemap(1) saying that dbm is not supported in this version.
So why did NetBSD Gods include that as the default in sendmail.cf
is beyond me.

Thanks
Medi Montaseri, Director of Software Eng, medi@sanlight.net, Ext 2002