Subject: Re: dma-bus master error
To: None <mipam@ibb.net>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/22/2000 10:16:04
> The system went on running fine. The error message is attached below.
> What could this error mean exactly?

I got a similar error (irq status was 0x21, not 0x61). I first thought
about bad disks ans similar things, but right now that machine has a
new mainboard, new memory, new hard disk.

Still (a) gets this error sometimes and (b) shows random complete hangs.

In my case I spottet an interrupt service routine in the ISDN driver I'm
using, that *might* run in an endless (that's the hangs) or quite long (that's
the missed interrupt) loop at splnet.

I think I fixed that, but couldn't experiment with that remote system yet.

Your Problem may be a similar misbehaving network driver?

Martin