Subject: Re: inetd.conf [sommerfeld@netbsd.org: CVS commit: basesrc]
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <tm_wanka@earthling.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/07/2000 21:13:56
On 6 Jun 2000, at 14:30, Andrew Gillham wrote:

> Is anyone thinking about adding a script to easily enable these services
> if desired?  I would think that would be more useful to a new user than
> leaving inetd running.

Hi,

to me that looks like the best solution. I would not feel comfortable if something
was running that was not needed. I guess it was more frustrating for new or
unexperienced users if they see a process running that they do not need or
do not know why it is there. I think it will cause them shurely more time to think
or ask "why is this process running, do I need it" than realise they need to do
something to make a programm run at startup. For me, if something does not
work as I want, one of the first things I do is a "ps -e".

mike