Subject: Re: how to configure and connect my new netbsd station(i386)
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Richard PLOIX <richard.ploix@fr.adp.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/02/2000 14:32:13
you wrote:
----------------------------
Subject: Re: how to configure and connect my new netbsd station(i386) to
To: None <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de,>
From: Henry B. Hotz <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov>
List: tech-net
Date: 06/01/2000 18:01:23
At 2:31 AM +0200 6/2/00, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Jean Baptiste PLOIX wrote:
> > I have a new netbsd station, with 1.4.2, i386, a modem, but I don't
> > understand how to configure it for connecting to my isp(dynamic ip).
> > I need some help.
>
>Install the kde packages, and use kppp to setup your connection.
>You'll probably want to use /dev/tty00 as your modem device.

There's a howto document at
<http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/howto/pppnat/>.  While it was written
for the mac68k port I used it on port-i386 and didn't see anything
non-obvious that was specific to the port.  No special packages
needed and it works as well as the MacOS ppp implementation.  (That
is the ISP is just as flaky with the connection software they claim
to support.)

As to the tty device:  use the one you don't have a mouse connected to.
I don't fine www.macbsd.com on the net!
where can this howto be?
R.