Subject: Re: inetd.conf defaults
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/28/2000 19:20:54
    Erik> We have "shell" (rsh) and "login" (rlogin) turned on by default in
    Erik> /etc/inetd.conf. I think this is a bad default. I filed a PR on
    Erik> this issue some months ago, but there's been no movement. I can
    Erik> obviously commit the change to comment them out myself, but I want
    Erik> some discussion before I "just do it".

  My preference would actually be for all r* server tools to move to pkgsrc :-)

  If we must ship something, then ship versions which do kerberized and/or
SSL'ed r* services.

  So, I would support shipping a very minimal inetd.conf with a second
inetd.conf in /usr/share/examples with all services commented out.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [