Subject: Re: inetd.conf defaults
To: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Matthew <m@uk.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/28/2000 09:13:25
Hi,

This is a good thing - but for those who expect a new installation to
provide the same services as an earlier installation (non techie users)
will be confused.  How about some option during installation to make a
'secure' installation - disabling 90-100% remote services that are
either a security consideration (rsh/rlogin) and others which are rarely
used (comsat/talk etc) and those that should really be configured first
(ftp) and those which should be restricted (telnet).
Could this lead to more security related installation-configuration
options?

summary:
 user option to make a more secure installation

my 0.02c worth

-M