Subject: inetd.conf defaults
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Erik Fair <fair@clock.org>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/27/2000 22:20:23
We have "shell" (rsh) and "login" (rlogin) turned on by default in
/etc/inetd.conf. I think this is a bad default. I filed a PR on this
issue some months ago, but there's been no movement. I can obviously
commit the change to comment them out myself, but I want some
discussion before I "just do it".

This is going to tech-net rather than tech-security because I think I
can guess that the security mavens (among whom I most often count
myself) are supportive of such a change; I wanted a little wider
exposure to people who are network mavens.

What do you all think?

	Erik <fair@clock.org>