Subject: connection/channel oriented network protocol
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Johan Rydberg <johan.rydberg@netinsight.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/15/2000 17:27:23
Hi!

I will implementing a network protocol stack in NetBSD 1.4.2,
and want to have some points where I should start.

The network technology is channel (and connection) oriented.
To be able to send any data on the network, a channel has to
be created first.

When creating a channel alot of information has to be specified,
such as the bandwidth and destination host.  This data must be
supplied to the device driver.

How is the best way to solve this ? Should the device and the
protocol stack communicate using ioctl's?

Do anyone know of other implementations of channel/connection
oriented network protocol stacks implemented in *BSD ?

--
Johan Rydberg			johan.rydberg@netinsight.net
Net Insight AB, Sweden		direct: +46-8-685 04 17