Subject: Re: ipfilter LKM's for NetBSD on non-i386
To: Simon Burge <simonb@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Richard Michael <rmichael@uhnres.utoronto.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/12/2000 12:49:48
> > When I was doing the LM's for IP Filter, I could only test on i386 and
> > I only provided patches for i386 kernel conf files.
>
> AFAIK, _no_ lkms work on NetBSD/pmax, either in 1.4.x or -current.

Ok.  So, if I can't build the latest ipf as a lkm, how should I go about this?
Any advice?  How does the ipf that "ships" with the latest NetBSD work?
How are the necessary hooks for the ipf provided at present?
Are there patches for the kernel?  Are they already applied to the source
tarball (since the ipf comes w/ netbsd) ?

Any tips on how to get this working?  I've inherited this 5000/240 and spent a
long time learning about it and getting it up.  I don't really want to abandon
it for i386.

At this level, I'm a bit of a newbie really.

Cheers,
Richard