Subject: Re: old name lookup breakage (getaddrinfo)
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/08/2000 17:23:17
In message <8616.957830893@coconut.itojun.org>,
itojun@iijlab.net writes:

>	Could you tell me more about the detail if it still persists?
>	When did you installed the particular system?
>	I think the particular problem was corrected long time ago
>	(cope gracefully with broken name server replies).

I'd have to ask someone else (Costa Sapunzakis) for exact details.
I got the impression it'd need fixes at at Stanford server as well,
but I could be wrong.

The folk-wisdom around Stanford, though, is 'dont even try', which is
why I still turn off IPv6 in recent NetBSD kernels i configured.
(That's when I ran into the netstat problem, btw: put back the IPv6
kernel and its fine.)