Subject: Re: PMAD-AA
To: None <erh@nimenees.com>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/03/2000 21:58:50
>> personally, i think it would just be better to put joe on the list of
>> editors a sysadmin should not use.  like pico, which likes to linewrap
>> everything for you to make your sendmail.cf look "prettier".  :)
>
>        or at least use with caution.  agreed, though.  after
>looking at the couple other places that the workaround would need
>to go I figured it wasn't really worth it.
>        Somtimes, it's just hard to see the missing newline.

perhaps because it's not there?  :)

anyway!  emacs "knows" that some files *need* to end in a newline (.c
files, .h files, etc) but other editors don't.  vi usually forces
files to end in a newline, which is usually ok, and dd can fix it for
you if it's not.  some editors are just too user-happy (joe, pico,
etc), imho.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|