Subject: Re: ipf
To: None <reinoud@ibbnet.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/02/2000 01:25:46
In some email I received from Mipam, sie wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Forgive me if this question is on the wrong channel,
> but i didnt know where else to post it.
> I see that in the release source ipf version 3.3.6 is in there.
> However, version 3.4.1 is allrdy released and they are working on 3.5beta3
> Will those new version be implemented? Cause they certainly contain
> some nice bug fixes and some other issues.

3.4.x should be imported into -current when it becomes stable enough.
Currently there are some problems with the ftp proxy due to tighter
security checks in the wake of the ftp kernel-proxy `exploits'.  In
part it's out now because someone (hi Bernd :-) has been on my butt
every day for the last month asking where it is.

3.5 will not be ready until well after 1.5 (it is only currently 3.5alpha3,
not beta).

If you want to use 3.5alpha3, you should just be able to do "BSD/kupgrade"
and rebuild your kernel.

> I would be willing to work on it putting it together and make it rdy for
> netbsd however i aint got experience in doing this so i would need some
> help to do it.

Someone else will, hopefully, take care of that when the time comes to do
it.

Darren