Subject: Re: multiple processors on NFS servers
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/13/2000 20:48:23
    Manuel> What CPU and network interfaces do you have ? I believe that on
    Manuel> the average hardware the bottleneck will still be CPU with a buch
    Manuel> of stripped SCSI disks and a gigabit interface :)

  The box has 2x PII-450, 4x9Gb UW on an NCR 53c875 (motherboard). It
presently has a 100Mb/s switched ethernet
  (A RealTek 8139, which I'm trying to have replaced with a Tulip based chip)
  The 100Mb/s switches we have stack via GbE options which we are in the
process of acquiring.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [