Subject: Re: Router Alert
To: None <thorpej@zembu.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/07/2000 23:14:21
> > Does anyone know if the IP Router Alert Option(RFC 2113) been implemented
> > in any of the NetBSD kernels?  I've searched version 1.4.1 with no success,
> > although it is possible that I have overlooked it.
>Not to my knowledge.  Tho, having just read the RFC, looks pretty simple.
>I guess what we'd want to do is set an IP-specific socket option that
>causes ip_output() to include it in packets sent from that socket?  The
>receiving end doesn't need to handle it...

	For IPv6 there's some code in ip6_input() for inbound rtalert
	processing.  For outbound, we can attach pretty much everything to
	packets by using ancillary data (as specified in RFC2292) so there's
	no problem.

	For IPv4, it makes sense to me to add socket option for outbound.
	(IPv4 option processing needs more improvement...)

itojun