Subject: Re: Router Alert
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/06/2000 23:11:05
On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 04:17:37PM -0400, Billy Mullins wrote:

 > Does anyone know if the IP Router Alert Option(RFC 2113) been implemented
 > in any of the NetBSD kernels?  I've searched version 1.4.1 with no success,
 > although it is possible that I have overlooked it.

Not to my knowledge.  Tho, having just read the RFC, looks pretty simple.

I guess what we'd want to do is set an IP-specific socket option that
causes ip_output() to include it in packets sent from that socket?  The
receiving end doesn't need to handle it...

...or do you mean "pay attention to it when NetBSD is in the role of
a router"?  :-)

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>