Subject: QoS for IPv6
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <karsten.haga@telenor.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/05/2000 13:04:25
Hi,

(tech-net)

I am looking into ways to implement some kind of QoS end-to-end for a IPv6
multimedia application we are testing

The infrastructure consisting of two dual stack 7206 routers. The WAN
connection between the two routers is ATM. I am looking into providing some
kind of QoS for the hosts connected to the two routers. According to current
status at Kame project "ALTQ alternate queuing framework: integrated and
working well for KAME/NetBSD".
Do anyone have experience in implementing ALTQ functionality in NetBSD
router?
Do anyone have experience in implementing QoS functionality in NetBSD router
over a WAN link?
Do anyone have experience in placing a NetBSD router between the host and
the gateway router to utilise the QoS functionality in NetBSD?

Regards,

Karsten Haga