Subject: Re: dump - network related ?
To: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
From: Nate Johnston <njohnston@broadwing.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/02/2000 10:20:26
On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Love wrote:

> I seem to get a lot of craches on my new ThinkPad 600E with a IBM
> EtherJet card (buscard version).

I am using exactly the same configuration.

> The crach occured when I wanted to suspend my laptop and it didn't
> work. I removed the card but it still wouldn't suspend. Then when I
> started to kill off network releated processes it died when i killed a
> multi-cast application (but since it died in exec it might not be releated).

I thought the APM was broken for the THinkpads?  I do know that when I was
browsing through the source, there was a note in the file for the tlp
driver that said power management was on the todo list.

From /sys/dev/cardbus/if_tlp_cardbus.c, lines 40-48:

/*
 * CardBus bus front-end for the Digital Semiconductor ``Tulip'' (21x4x)
 * Ethernet controller family driver.
 *
 * TODO:
 *