Subject: Re: $ifaliases_* vs p2p interfaces
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/11/2000 03:21:35
>> [patch]
>> "Works for me."  You may want to remove the echo command at the
>> innermost nesting level.

> am I correct that $ifaliases_sl0 and $ifaliases_sl0_[0-9]* evaluated
> differently?

Yes, as I wrote it, and indeed for it to be useful to me they have to
be.  Changing $ifaliases_* will break backward compatability, but
anything that is compatible with historical $ifaliases_* will
necessarily be incapable of doing what I need, so $ifalias_*_* more or
less *has* to be interpreted differently.

Of course, if someone would like to suggest some other way, I'm happy
to listen.  I may even agree. :-)

> I'm okay with it but we need to put wordings to document.

Well, if it's adopted for the tree.  (When I said I'd added that patch,
I mean to *my* /etc/netstart.  I didn't touch the NetBSD tree.)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca