Subject: Re: difference between rtadvd and rtsold?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 02/09/2000 10:40:37
> >and while there:
> >what is the difference between rtadvd and rtsold?
> >I see that rtsold seems to answer inquiries by rtsol, but so does rtadvd -
> >what am I missing there?
> 	the difference is summarized in separate email.  how can we
> 	improve the manpage?  maybe there are too many buzzwords like
> 	"router solicitation" or "router advertisement" in the text?

For me the confusion with rtadvd/rtsold/rtsol is due to the choice of
names.

My gut reaction when seeing programs "foo" and "food" is that the
former is the client that asks a one-shot question and the latter is
the daemon that runs forever and answers all the various "foo"
program's questions.

I can see how the rtadvd/rtsol names were initially chosen.  I just
can't see how to prevent the obvious confusion between with rtsold.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/