Subject: Re: server side RPC library and IPv6
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/20/2000 19:47:33
>I have been looking into v6ifying the RPC library. Looking at "prior"
>art (like the Inria code), and previously published comments on this,
>the consensus seems to be that there should be no interface change,
>and backwards compatibility whereever possible.

	Could you tell me which draft are you reading? (if possible pointers?)

	I briefly remember that INRIA and Sun are doing things differently...
	Maybe about NFS in particular, also my memory can be wrong.

	I attended two presentations but I don't quite remember which was
	which.  I'm not really RPC guy...
	IPv6 extensions to RPC, S.Majee
	http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/99nov/unedit/ipngwg-minutes-99nov.txt
	RPC and NFS over IPv6, L. Wu