Subject: anyone using fxp with INET6?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 01/07/2000 00:00:11
	do any of you using fxp interface (at least available on i386)
	with IPv6 kernel?  do you see any problem with the interface?

	I got several trouble report for kame/freebsd and kame/openbsd,
	which says that fxp chokes on IPv6 kernel when "ifconfig up" is
	performed.  The reason is that fxp is using interrupt-based multicast
	filter setup and it is not friendly with KAME's IPv6 interface
	initialization code (which initializes multicast setup from within
	the kernel and may not allow interrupt to come, makes fxp
	initialization fail).

	I wonder if it applies to netbsd as well.  I got workaround for this
	and imported into kame/openbsd and openbsd-current (basically
	decreases spl level during IPv6 interface initialization).
	I'm willing to apply it if anyone seeing problems with fxp.
	If noone is having problems, I do not bother:-)

itojun