Subject: Re: is this a job for ipnat?
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
From: None <erh@nimenees.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 12/05/1999 14:15:23
On Sun, Dec 05, 1999 at 09:46:26PM +1100, Darren Reed wrote:
> rdr supports matching the source and destination address - but not in
> the version used by 1.4/1.4.1 (3.2.10).  Anything post 3.2.10 will have
> it in, and it is used as:
> You only have to worry about things `expiring' if you're using filtering
> (keep state) as the nat entries will just get recreated.

	hmm... just took a wander through the code.  What's the bimap stuff?
It looks like that might be the solution.
	rdr portion handles packets from the outside, like a normal rdr rule.
	map portion, since you could have one port specified, does the
appropriate mapping for packets from the inside.   (packets get mapped
into one port instead of into a range as with a normal map rule?)  Am I reading
the code correctly?
	What's the format for a bimap line in ipnat.conf?  I've got to be
reading the code for inpat.c wrong: it appears to me it should look just
like a rdr line but I get a "missing fields (netmask)" error.

eric