Subject: Re: forget about it (was: Re: An approach for detachable interfaces).
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/06/1999 17:50:14

    Bill> As there appears to be nothing even vaguely resembling consensus on
    Bill> how to deal with hot-swapping network device drivers, consider my
    Bill> proposal withdrawn.

  Bill, are there subsets which we *can* agree upon, specifically some of the
details with ethercom, etc? It seems to me that we won't decide upon one
method and we should provide options. Probably we will have to play with
different methods and come to some conclusion about what is best.
  Personally, inserting and removing a single card into the same slot and not
crashing would be very nice to have.

]                   At IETF46 in Washington, DC                 |  firewalls  [