Subject: ipnat ftp proxy problem
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: tech-net
Date: 11/03/1999 18:56:58
Hi
I have a problem with the proxy module of ipnat:
I have a router which uses NAT only for ftp, that is the ipnat.conf file has
a line:
map ex0 0/0 -> my-gw/32 proxy ftp ftp/tcp
without any other map line.
The reason is that I want to allow any host inside to open a TCP connection
outside with its own IP addr but I do not want to enable incoming TCP
connections (which is needed for ftp active mode). I agree it's a strange setup
but nothing says it's not allowed :)
This works fine for active ftp mode but in passive mode, the outgoing data
connection is not mapped back, and some paranoid ftp server refuse it because
it's not from the same IP as the control connection.

Does someone have an idea about how to fix this before I take a bigger deep
in the code ?