Subject: Re: revised ethernet/802.xx input header processing.
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/31/1999 12:12:57
> Nope.  Why?  Because at the same time, I'd like to add support multiple
> physical addresses.

.. so, the "dst not for me" check in the above code gets a little more complex...

> As well as doing etype/port filtering for bridging.
> (bridge mop but force IP to forwarded and block arp).

You can put the filtering into the foo_forward functions (i.e., block
IP and ARP since you want those to be routed).  those functions have
to understand and rebuild the link-layer headers anyway (since for
bridging between regular ethernet and something which uses LLC headers
-- e.g., an 802.11 AP implementation -- you have to insert/delete SNAP
headers).

Care to outline in a little more detail how you'd structure the code?

						- BIll