Subject: Re: ISO Transport.
To: Andy Back <andyb@uk.boo.com>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/29/1999 19:05:00
> Hi,
>
> Anyone got ISODE to compile on a recent version of NetBSD? Im hoping
> that support is still in the kernel for the native ISO lower layers and
> it's not restricted to RFC1006 now.

I am running a subset of ISODE on NetBSD 1.3.2. I needed an
ISO CLNS transport service for a project so built the ISODE libraries
and the sample tsap daemons. I haven't tried building any of the
higher level applications, FTAM, VTP, etc.

It was a while ago when I compiled it, I think I was still on NetBSD
1.2 at the time. It needed some minor tweaks to get a clean build,
mainly related to the include files if I remember rightly.

> Also, anyone know of another "free" ISO TP, X.400 or X.500
> implementation?

Not that I know of.

George Harvey
fr30@dial.pipex.com