Subject: Re: installing ip_fil 3.3.3 and 1.4L
To: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/27/1999 22:04:36
In some email I received from Bernd Ernesti, sie wrote:
> On Tue Oct 26 02:44:18 1999, Rick Byers wrote:
> [..]
> > Anyone know if there is any reason why -current still using 3.2.10 anyway?
>
> Because we want a stable version and not one which changes in a short time
> and is not stable.
>
> 3.3.3 looks like it is stable enough. Btw, 3.2.10 doesn't mean that we don't
> have our own fixes for it.

There will be a 3.3.4.  As yet, none of the changes are stability related.
One is a parsing problem for "return-icmp-as-dest(foo)", and another is a
Solaris issue with "ipf -y".  Mostly other similar non-critical things.
It won't be before the weekend, but I hope before the following weekend.

Darren