Subject: PPPoE?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/07/1999 22:42:49
Does a PPPoE (PPP over Ethernet, RFC 2516) implementation exist for
NetBSD?  I'd be interested in any pointers.  If no source-available
implementation exists, I intend to create one - I've got a DSL modem
the supplier end of whose connection is switching from plain DHCP to
PPPoE, so I suddenly care. :-)

And related to that, given an interface name, what API should I use to
find its MAC address?  (I'm perfectly willing, for the moment, to
assume it's an Ethernet interface, though it'd be nice to get an error
rather than garbage if not.)  I'd really *like* to do an AF_LINK
SIOCGIFADDR, but it appears to be impossible to create an AF_LINK (or
AF_UNSPEC) socket, and SIOCGIFADDR seems to get the address family from
the socket the ioctl is done on.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca