Subject: wi driver: initialization order
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/08/1999 13:58:01
	I'm now testing wi driver with wavelan turbo card.

	I noticed that, if I use wiconfig before ifconfig, like
	# wiconfig -i wi0 -p 1
	# wiconfig -i wi0 -n 0100
	# ifconfig wi0 up
	kernel will display "wi0: device timeout" onto the console.
	This is because, on invocation of /usr/sbin/wiconfig, IFF_RUNNING
	is raised prior to call to wi_enable() (this is done in wi_init()
	called via wi_setdef()).  I'm not sure how to fix this.

	Transmission/reception of IPv6 datagram can be done if you add
	ETHERTYPE_IPV6 into one "if" statement in if_wi.c.  However,
	wi interface cannot seem to receive ethernet multicast datagrams
	on non-promiscuous mode (therefore, IPv6 will not work properly
	as it uses multicast packets throughout the protocol spec).

itojun