Subject: interface configuration other than "ifconfig" in rc.conf
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 09/03/1999 22:36:26
	Some people requested an addition of addition of something like:
		gifconfig_gif0="inet 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.2"
	in /etc/rc.conf, for invoking gifconfig from /etc/netstart.
	(this is for IPv6 tunnel setup)

	Now /usr is mounted before /etc/netstart starts, it is possible to
	do this, and it may be useful for making administration process easier.

	However - do we need similar thing for other network configrations,
	like gre (greconfig) or wi (wiconfig)?   If so, what is the best
	framework to define these random things in rc.conf? (or maybe
	we can ask people to put it into /etc/netstart.local...)

itojun