Subject: Re: DECnet for NetBSD
To: Patrick Caulfield <patrick@sco.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/19/1999 08:27:20
At 02:18 AM 8/19/99 , Patrick Caulfield wrote:
>If someone can port the kernel bits from Linux to NetBSD (this will also require
>'porting' the licence from GPL to BSD but Steve Whitehouse has already consented
>to this) then I'll do the userland programs...promise.

Actually, I'm about 1/2 way through my own Phase IV implementation (endnode, LAN
only) and have been for a year or so.  I never finished it since no one had ever
seemed interested in DECnet.  I even have a working ncp.  I also have
DECnet-ULTRIX compatible libdnet library.

The kernel API is also compatible with DECnet-ULTRIX so that COMPAT_ULTRIX could
do the right thing as well.

[I have a slight advantage over other people in doing this as I spent 10 years
working on DECnet and LAT for ULTRIX and Digital UNIX.  DECnet I can do in my
sleep. :-)]