Subject: Re: libwrap change for IPv6
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/11/1999 10:53:49
>	I've made a patch for IPv6 support in libwrap.  This is based on
>	NetBSD 1.4 code (hence tcp_wrapper 7.4), and should be easily applied
>	to NetBSD-current code.  This involves following changes:

just out of curiosity...why are we only using version 7.4?  did the
"licence" change?

>	There are other patch available on the net but they change separator
>	from colon to pipe sign, so it makes /etc/hosts.allow incompatible
>	with previous installations.  I thought we should not impact
>	compatibility with other systems so I used square brackets.

would it not be better to remain the same as the world?  i, for one,
have enough trouble remembering under what context i should use
/bitcount or /dotted.mask or &dotted.mask or /inverse.dotted.mask in
various places for specifying a range of addresses.  this will be one
more "thing" that's just different, and this would also make the
hosts.allow files non-portable.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|