Subject: Re: MII OUI confusion
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@solidum.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zel459.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 08/08/1999 18:16:23
[MII on AMD 79c973]
mcr@solidum.com said:
>   Where are you with this?

As I've reported in another mail some time ago, I didn't
finish it because the board I was developing on died. It was
an early prototype of an industrial cpu board; I expect
to get 2 boards of the final version later this year.

>  I have MII code for the 972.

That is the part I had finished with the old board too.
There were some integration issues - one doesn't want
to pull the mii code into every old lance driver, and I don't
have a good idea how to get this into a clean shape
with the configuration framework. It might be a good idea
to write a new driver for the PCnet-PCI chips which
does DMA without copying too, if someone has the time
for it.

> I have to get it out again actually to finish
> the NetBSD driver for our card

So sorry, I'm not much of a help at the moment.

best regards
Matthias