Subject: ipv6 capable telnet and domestic
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/09/1999 19:09:29
It looks like only the telnet built from /usr/src/usr.bin/telnet
understands ipv6.  The one built from /usr/src/domestic/usr.bin/telnet
only understands ipv4.

I just realized that I don't really understand this export-restricted
stuff at all.  Is /usr/src/domestic mirrored outside of the country
(eg. from ebones sources)?  If so, then can only non-US folks send in
patches for it?  Or is it the other way around, eg. it is code that is
written inside the US and can only be edited by US folks?

I'm trying to decide if I should patch up /usr/src/domestic/telnet for
v6 and send in patches of if I should just compile with
EXPORTABLE_SYSTEM defined and forget about the domestic tree entirely.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/