Subject: Re: ALTQ integration?
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/09/1999 23:22:15
>> NetBSD support for ALTQ is included in both KAME and INRIA IPv6
>> packages, it may be coming with current KAME code integration.
>According to Itojun, it is NOT coming.  I guess the maintainer
>doesn't have time to support NetBSD also.

	Unfortunately KAME/NetBSD has only ATM PVC code from ALTQ.
	No ALTQ part (alternate queueing framework and queueing policies)
	is in KAME/NetBSD, due to the reason Andrew mentioned.
	I'd like to see it integrated somehow.  It helps people much if we
	can ship it in the main distribution tree (even if it is not enabled
	in GENERIC kernel config, it should decrease the labor of merging).

itojun