Subject: Re: Turning off IPv6 on an interface?
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-net
Date: 07/05/1999 10:11:17
>    Bill> Is there any way to turn off IPv6 on one interface of a multihomed
>    Bill> host?
>  This goes back to something that mouse wanted awhile ago: a way to
>turn IPv4 off on a given interface so he could just use tcpdump. I suspect
>that we should have a per-interface vector of per-protocol flags that allows
>us to turn any protocol off.

	Past implementation of tcpdump requires you to have IPv4 address
	on the sniffing interface.  This was for computing some of pcap syntax.

	The restriction is now loosened (since I have some interface with
	only IPv6 addresses) and you can run tcpdump on an interface without
	IPv4 address.  However, in this case you will have trouble using
	some of pcap syntax (I forgot the exaxct name of the keyword).

itojun