Subject: Re: Multiple IP addresses for a single host in "/etc/hosts"
To: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/31/1999 14:57:51
On Mon, 31 May 1999, Christoph Badura wrote:

: >I like Matthias' idea of multiple scanning. I'm not sure that it's
: >necessary to add another `source' to nsswitch to support this. This
: >functionality, if added, should just be added to the `files' code,
: >which is what Matthias initially proposed anyway...
:
: What about doing the same for YP?  I mean, if you're doing /etc/hosts...

AFAIK, you can't have multiple records with the same key in hosts.byname,
though you can have multiple addresses per key (which wouldn't involve
scanning for `extra' records).