Subject: Bridging/Routing under NetBSD 1.4
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Shotton <cshotton@biap.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/30/1999 11:48:44
About a month ago, there was a brief discussion on how to implement a
protocol agnostic bridge with NetBSD. Unfortunately, there was a lot of
discussion about what a bridge was, but nothing about whether or not this
can be done with NetBSD. There were hints at doing this with bpf somehow,
but a search of all the mailing list archives, FAQs, etc. have turned up
very little on the subjets of routing and bridging with NetBSD.

The short question is, how can I set up a bridge with NetBSD between two
physical nets that passes all ethernet traffic between the two nets?

If there's not a FAQ on this subject, I'll be glad to consolidate
everyones' input on the subject and create one if there is actually a
solution.

Thanks,
Chuck

Chuck Shotton                                      BIAP Systems, Inc.
cshotton@biap.com                                  http://www.biap.com/
                "Shut up and eat your vegetables!!!"