Subject: Re: IPF state and spurious blocks
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/28/1999 16:29:35
In some email I received from Michael Graff, sie wrote:

> Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au> writes:
>
> > > Isn't it a hash table of some sort?
> >
> > What it's stored in is immaterial, really.  It should be created when ipf
> > is enabled and destroyed when disabled.  In between, why should the size
> > be fixed ?
>
> It's not trivial to grow a hash table, is it?

Right.  It doesn't change run-time, but it can (now) handle a change whilst
the code is inactive.  It's like rebooting ipf without rebooting the box,
where before it didn't support such changes.

Anyway, that'll be 3.2.11 which will be sometime next month (when I've
finished testing/debugging the real audio proxy which semi-works at
present).

Darren