Subject: Re: protocol drain routines: adding a "how despirate are we" parameter?
To: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/22/1999 21:39:32
  One interesting thing that I tried to implement for an application
layer firewall vendor was under conditions of very low network buffers
was to have TCP drop any incoming packet that was not an ACK that
allowed the last ACK'ed data to increase. The idea was that
condition of extreme resource depletion can cause deadlock where you
can't receive any packets that ACK any of the unacknowledge data.

  Your despiration parameter would be very useful for this. I like it
a lot.

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [