Subject: Re: Changes to link layer input routines
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@ora.de>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/19/1999 13:02:19
thorpej@nas.nasa.gov (Jason Thorpe) writes:

>PPP Over Ethernet (RFC 2516).  pppd(8) has one socket for the IPCP/LCP/etc.
>packets anbd the PPPoE Discovery packets.  PPPoE Session and Discovery
>packets use different Ethertypes.  pppd(8) needs to be able to choose the
>correct code path for incoming packets, etc.

I feared that you would say this.  I was more or less assuming that you would
use one socket for the discovery packets only and additional packets for
the IPCP/LCP/etc. packets for the individual connections.

At least, that is how I would have tried to do it.

--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)