Subject: Re: Changes to link layer input routines
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: tech-net
Date: 05/15/1999 19:46:49

> 	(3) The VAX Unibus and Q-bus Ethernet drivers confused the h*ll
> 	    out of me, and I didn't even try to clean up the way they
> 	    use separate Unibus mapping registers for the Ethernet header
> 	    and the actual packet.  (Wacky, it's not like they even support
> 	    trailers in the driver!)

Don't care so much about that; I'm going to change a lot of the uba
mapping code. Welcome, bus_dma :-)
About trailers: A fast check shows that someone was cleaning up the
code maybe a little bit too much a while ago (Hey, Charles :-)

cvs log if_uba.c
revision 1.5
date: 1995/04/11 06:16:38;  author: mycroft;  state: Exp;  lines: +3 -15
Sync with the rest of the world.  Say goodbye to Mr. Trailer.

-- Ragge