Subject: arp info overwritten
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew J . Kilpatrick <akilpatrick@home.com>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/28/1999 15:19:28
Hi, I'm running NetBSD i386 with a small internal LAN, and
a cablemodem to the outside. I'm getting a lot of messages
that my arp info has been overwritten for NIC mac addresses
on my internal LAN. I'm using 192.168.0.* as my internal
subnet and it seems as though there are arp messages coming
in from outside. I have set up an ip filter and it is successfully
blocking a lot of packets destined for 192.168.0.*. The arp
messages are still coming in though, which is causing my
other machines to boot off the network, killing x sessions
and other nasty things.

Cany anyone help?

Andrew Kilpatrick