Subject: Re: weird network delays connecting to cable provider's servers...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-net
Date: 04/21/1999 16:06:18
In message <199904212257.PAA01000@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>Jason Thorpe writes
>On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 08:49:54 +1000
> Luke Mewburn <lukem@goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > 	NetBSD-1.3.3/i386   with we0	bad
> > 	NetBSD-current/i386 with we0	bad
>
>Do you have an NE2000 you could test with?  It uses the same driver core
>as the "we" driver, and might be useful to know if it has the same problem.

Greg Oster has what sounds like the identical problem on an ne2000.
But yes, its a good idea.

I've eyeballed Greg's traces, and he's getting packets with bad
checksums, due to what looks like a couple of mangled bits in the IP
total length field.

The MAC-level checksums aren't catching this, which in and of itself
points to a bug in our dp8390-handling code.

But just in case: Luke, what kind of cable modem do you have?