Subject: Compaq NetFlex 3/P
To: None <tech-net@netbsd.org>
From: Gregory McGarry <g.mcgarry@qut.edu.au>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/29/1999 08:32:56
G'day,

With recent (26/3) changes to the ThunderLAN (tl) attach code, I can get a
Compaq NetFlex 3/P board to probe successfully.  The board uses LXT901PC
and DP8392CV-1 line driver chips for 10baseT and 10base5 respectively.
These aren't PHYs, so the the board must be wired to use the internal
PHY.  It should be located at PHY no. 31 according to the ThunderLAN
Programmer's Guide, shouldn't it?

Well, the internal PHY isn't being found.

Since this board hasn't been used with the tl driver before, I wonder
whether anyone has had the internal PHY on the ThunderLAN working.

Although I haven't looked into the MII code deeply, I don't think the
delays recommended in the ThunderLAN Programmer's Guide are present.
Perhaps the internal PHY isn't being reset correctly?

Comments?

Regards,
Greg