Subject: Re: NE2000 Compatible PCMCIA Ethernet Card
To: None <rh@vip.at>
From: None <Lloyd.Parkes@vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-net
Date: 03/09/1999 09:02:20
On 27 Feb, Rene Hexel wrote:
> ne0: where did the card go?
>
>   The card works (as a standard NE2000 compatible card) under Lin*x,
> but I have no idea, of course, what quirks they are using to get this
> working ...

At a guess, your card is failing the check for an NE2000 vs an NE1000.
This in turn means that the driver is having trouble writing to the
EP-427's onboard memory. Try adding 'options GWETHER' to your kernel
config file. This adds some code for finding the start and end of RAM
on an NE2000. Whether or not it compiles is another matter.

The Linux drivers that I have seen do know about one PCMCIA NE2000 card
with an unusual memory configuration. If this is the quirk that lets
your card work under Linux, then the GWETHER code may help.

Cheers
--
Lloyd Parkes
"For my confession they burned me with fire